So now you have music, what is the next step? Should I sign with a music label? What if I can't get a record deal? Should I start my own label? These are all extremely important questions for a music producer. Sometimes it can be a challenge to know the best direction to take to get our music out to the world. Our experts, lead by DJ Rap, have years of experience running successful record labels and are here to share valuable information on navigating the music business, building, and running your own music label. Whether you are wanting to work with existing labels or you want to build your own label to promote your music as well as others, this workshop is for you.
*Please make sure to contact us to schedule your private lesson at email@example.com
Business and Career management Workshop
- Now I have music, how do I get "out there"?
- How do I approach labels?
- How do I approach artists for remix work?
- How do I get signed?
- What questions to ask when presented with contracts
- The right time to get a lawyer / agent / manager
- Is running a label right for me?
- What is involved in running your own label?
- What is a distributor and which one is right for me?
- Step by step setup of a typical release
- What is a promo?
- What happens after release day?
- How to promote on social media: what really works?
- How to add metadata and artwork to your release
- Charts: How important are they?
- How to keep the momentum going throughout your release
- How to get remixes for your releases
Instructed by DJ Rap
Workshop run time: 1 Hour
Once payment is received, you will receive an email from us asking you to reach out and connect with us via the Phone/Email/Go To Meeting/Skype so we can go ahead and schedule you!
Class is ONLY sheduled after we have made contact. Here at MTC we want to make sure we give you the best attention to your specific needs.